Monday, July 27, 2009

Seedpod: Botanical Inspiration on Etsy


Handpicked on Etsy
Our natural world is an unending source of inspiration for artists. Today's focus is the fascinating seedpod that carries and disperses life around our planet, in lovely little parcels encasing the seeds of future flora, fruits and legumes. In my own studio I've been creating bead-woven fantasy seedpod pendants, and wanted to see what other Etsy artists do with this botanical subject. We often overlook the seedpod's significance and aesthetic qualities as we munch our peas. Today's featured artists remind us of their visual and metaphorical beauty, using their chosen medium to create objects that delight the eye and adorn the body. Click on the pictures to go directly to these Etsy listings. Prices range from $13.00 to $115.00.
From top left to bottom right, today's artisans include: prettygoodthings, iacua, blancamonrosgomez, alihermann, tamra, seapod, peachcult, MillipedBead, SarahHoodJewelry, budandbranch

6 comments:

Sharon said...

Once again, a beautiful interesting collection!

ruby said...

What a beautiful collection! Thank you for adding my poppies! Have a great day!
-Ruby

Anonymous said...

How I love pods! What a lovely collection - thank you for including me. Very nice blog!

Keri said...

A great collection! Thanks for including my brooch!

Millipede Bead said...

These are great pieces! Thanks for including my Joplin Wrap. I like your blog and you have created some pretty radical items yourself!

SarahHoodJewelry said...

Thanks so much for including my Cardamom Pendant.

--Sarah