Tuesday, July 21, 2009

Catch 'o the Day: Gone Fishin' on Etsy



Handpicked on Etsy
I cast my net in the waters of Etsy this morning and hauled in a mixed catch of creations by Etsy painters, jewelry designers, a fly-tieing fisher and a ceramic tile maker. Painterly styles of impressionism and surrealism, and a variety of media and materials comprise this array of functional and decorative pieces. Included today are some brand new artists to Etsy who only have a few tantalizing listings in their shops right now, but their work is so impressive that I couldn't resist featuring them. I hope you'll click on these pictures to take a closer look at these intriguing creations! Prices range from $2.50 to $275.00. From top left to bottom right, today's artists include: safletcherart, fishfanatic, fishfanatic, SilverMoonGallery, lesperancetile, lennyh1, FireSpirit, doghoundblues, mountainriverflies, jennicalou

7 comments:

Linda Ellett said...

Lovely collection of fishy finds!! Thank you so much for featuring my fly tile!!

Andria said...

You're most welcome, Linda! Thanks for visiting and taking the time to comment.

Laura said...

Fun! Thanks for adding my oh-so-classic Adams fly to your collection! (:

I haven't seen the seller 'doghoundblues' before, so it was good to come check out your list, and to be a part of it.

Thank you!

Andria said...

Flies are an art! Fly fishers appreciate that, to be sure, but I think people who've not had a close look at hand-tied flies are missing out on a feast for the eyes.

Unknown said...

Andria,

Thanks for the plug. I'm at the gallery all day today. I'll get more in my store tomorrow.

Thanks again,

Lenny

Moongrl722 said...

Thanks for featuring my necklace! Your blog is so much fun...love it!

Andria said...

You're both very welcome!

Lenny -- I can't wait to see more of your gorgeous watercolor work uploaded to your Etsy store! I'll keep an eye out for your new listings.