Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Pebbles: Minimally Altered States on Etsy


Handpicked on Etsy
Today's theme is pebbles and stones used in their natural, minimally altered state to create a well designed, sophisticated finished piece. My own recent pieces triggered my curiosity about what others are doing with found stones. I will save altered stone creations and stone-inspirations for another day, and limit this showcase to these truly extraordinary pieces found on Etsy. My attention was drawn to the skill and artistry applied in creating these elegant, organic pieces. I was intrigued by qualities of simplicity, sensitive use of materials, and unique ways of presentating the subject. These designers have clearly defined viewpoints that are worth reading, so please click on the pictures to visit these Etsy listings. Prices range from $22.50 to $800.00.
From top left to bottom, today's featured designers include: shellamie, Lymric, stonz, gerijarviscreations, stonestudios, boundearth, ReaganHayhurst, boundearth NOTE: See Stonz' comment for a special offer!

13 comments:

SToNZ said...

How delightful to find my SToNZ necklace included in this great collection of etsy finds! Thanks so much!

To celebrate, I'll offer free shipping to etsylounge blog readers through this Sunday night, August 2, 2009.
Mention the code: "free shipping offer" in the message to sender when placomg your order and your shipping will be refunded via Paypal.

Susan
www.stonz.etsy.com

Fru said...

I love pebbles!!!

Reagan Hayhurst said...

I have to say I'm glad I'm not alone in my love of rocks!! What an exceptional collection of art and this blog is FABULOUS!! Thank you Andria!

Reagan
http://www.etsy.com/shop.php?user_id=5759504

LifestyleBohemia said...

These are all such beautiful finds!
~Jo
http://lifestylebohemia.blogspot.com

Andria said...

Yay! You're all doing a good job of posting your links. I'm going to visit those links right now :)

harryboy said...

I am honored to be included among all these talented artists! Geri

Andria said...

Hi Geri, What I love about your design is the interesting contrast of materials and the clever composition. Not only is the stone a lovely speciman, the frilly delicacy of the ribbon is an unexpected and delightful counterpoint to the rocks.

Nancy LaRose said...

This collection is stunning. I've collected rocks ever since I can remember. Each one of these pieces captures the beauty of nature and how it inspires us.

Andria said...

I agree, Nancy. There's a nice "less is more" quality to these designs.

Shellamie said...

Thank you for including my Tree of Life Pendant among such beautiful pieces. I am truly inspired by the way these artists showed off the simple beauty of mother nature!

Thank you again
Michelle

Unknown said...

hi Andria, great picks. Visited all and works by ReaganHayhurst are my favs here.
Maurice
http://www.sewelsonwoodcraft.etsy.com

Andria said...

Hi Maurice, I agree she is wonderfully talented. Thanks for linking to these artists' stores and for taking the time to comment!

KCR Lehr Studio said...

Preserving the true nature of an organic element yet being inspired through it to create a truly original work is an awesome talent! These are really interesting.