Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Little Fish in Etsy's Big Pond


Handpicked on Etsy
Something's fishy on Etsy: Talented artists get lost in that big pond. Today I attempt in my small way to rescue a few from anonymity by featuring their fishy objets d'arts de poisson. Just as birds fascinate us for their freedom in the air & beautiful plummage, so do fish for their gracefully free motion through water and colorful manifestations. Today's featured Etsy artists portray fish in various media, creating objects both utilitarian and decorative, all delightful to the eye. Click on the pictures to go directly to these Etsy listings. Prices range from $9.99 to $170.00.From top left to bottom right, today's artisans include NatureOnPaper, natureartstudio, sugarsusn, CoilArt, demetaldesigns, cinfulart, RozArt, RJKStudio, AliciaBock, fishartdon, DonnaPellegata, thevintagejewelrybox

10 comments:

shadowglacier said...

Those are very pretty, I like the bottom left corner

CinfulArt said...

Andria -

Thanks so much for including my Capri Fish Wall Art Quilt in this collection. They're all great water critters and she's in wonderful company!

Cindy of CinfulArt

Alicia said...

This is a lovely collection! Thank you so much for including my photograph.

KCR Lehr Studio said...

An ocean of enjoyment!
The rich tropical, exotic colors are amazing! Again a veritable delight for the senses. You always have such a unique approach to your selections. The artwork is just so enticing; once again I will visit the shops to see more by these artists.

Beautiful day for all artisans of ETSY!

Christina said...

Thank you for including my koi fish! What a lovely collection. I always love to see how diverse work ends up being when artists are using the same subject matter. It's amazing how the creative mind works!

Christina
Nature On Paper

Andria said...

There are so many ways I like to approach my art searches. Subject matter, medium, style or era, material, technique....the list goes on. April, from lunasheart, is driven by nature in art, and the blog written by today's curator, Colleen from KCRlehrstudio, is a fascinating look at inspirations from antiquity and bygone eras. Response to Art is personal and subjective, and I'm pleased that my own viewpoint is well received here at EtsyLounge. I hope y'all will let me know if there's a theme you'd like to see addressed here!

Anonymous said...

Lovely blog & list here -
thank you for including my Koi painting!
Rozart

Anonymous said...

Fantastic review and work selected. I returned from my mini vacation to two fantastic emails and this review of my Swimming Fish Bracelet. I have long been a fan of fish imagery, so this is terrific to see as a collection of artistic talents. Thank you so much.
I hope your readers will follow my blog too. http://thevintagejewelrybox.blogspot.com/

Andria said...

How kind you are to feature me on your blog! I signed up to follow. Your work is beautiful and I'll enjoy keeping an eye on what you're up to.

Mark said...

Thank you for including my hammered copper fish. Wonderful selection of fish designs.
Mark
Nature Art Studios