Friday, October 9, 2009

Slippers: Foot Forethought on Etsy



Handpicked on Etsy
Cooler fall weather says it is almost time to put away the flip flops in favor of cozier footwear. Slippers rarely last more than one season, and too often we buy them on impulse, triggered by stacks of slippers on display at the store. But before you pop those frumpy slippers into your shopping basket, stop a moment and remember this: You can find fabulous handmade slippers on Etsy, or if you're handy, you can buy a PDF tutorial to make your own. These selections are among my personal favorites from today's Etsy search, and if you find a fun pair to share, please mention the link a comment! Prices range from $7.00 to $55.00.
Today's featured Etsy artisans include: craftidame, FrenchPressKnits, elleellee, piccoladonna2006, Trizy62, netamir, linesdesigns, mommayaya

9 comments:

Cait Throop said...

Oh my, Andria! I would have a hard time choosing here!! Yummy picks and depending on my mood I might have to have them all!! xo Cait
http://www.barefootweaver.etsy.com

Unknown said...

Thanks you Andria, for featuring my rainbow sleepers! I real honor for me!
My fave out of this group are the red elf-looking ones at the very bottom......adorable!!!

LifestyleBohemia said...

These are all so lovely! I never thought of Etsy as a place to purchase slippers, so thank you for the idea :)

Lindsay said...

I just mentioned to my boyfriend the other day that I need to replace my current dippers [a nickname that my kids made up]. I've had them for years and they're getting holey. Thanks for reminding me to go to Etsy when looking for another pair.

mistral said...

What's a wonderful surprise, find you have included me in your post.
I'm honored to appear between your favorites.
Many thanks for all

www.trizy62.etsy.com

mskris said...

These are all so cute, a great idea for Christmas presents! I can imagine myself wearing these red ones:-)

Unknown said...

Linked to my blog!
http://crochetedlittlethings.blogspot.com/2009/10/featured-on-etsy-lounge.html
Thanks!
Lu

Steph said...

these all look so cozy:)

Andria said...

I'm thinking X-mas presents, too! I also want one of each for myself :)