Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Rain Is Beautiful on Esty



Handpicked on Etsy
I love rain. Raised in the sunny southern California climate, as a child I adored the few weather days that punctuated the blandness, cleansed the air and brought lush green to the world for a few days thereafter. The soft kind of rain with a high cloud ceiling appeals to me the most, while the monsoon kind of rain going on right now in Seattle is not exactly what I want everyday. Northwest skies "raining elephants" motivated me this morning to see if any Etsy artists let rain inspire them. The 8 varied creations I found range from literal to abstract references to rain, each appealing to me for its quality of craftmanship and successful rendition of the theme. Click on the pictures to go directly to these Etsy listings. Prices range from $15.00 to $250.00.
From top left to bottom right, today's featured artists include: Egokitten, xovika, itesbeautiful, littlehendesigns, meilors, FloatingEarthCeramic, allaShark, juneshin

9 comments:

Marlene said...

What great choices, They are so lovely even to an Oregon duck like me.

Anonymous said...

Hi, Andria! Thank you so much for featuring my "Rain Drops" photograph! I really appreciate it and I'm so honored!

Meliors Simms said...

Monsoon rain belongs in the rainforest, or rather rainforests not cities belong where there are monsoons. I'm waiting for heavy rain this week though to wash away some unfortunate chalk 'poetry' that got out of control...

Andria said...

Good point, Meliors :) I'll tell our rain to go in your direction tomorrow!

Maryanne said...

Gorgeous choices ... I adore the stained glass piece by allaShark

Xovika said...

Wow! Beautiful collection! Thank you for featuring my painting :) I love that necklace by Ode to Vancouver

June Shin said...

These are great picks! Thanks so much for including my earrings!

Cait Throop said...

Love your rain interpretations, Andria! Love the delicacy and subtleness of your picks and love the cozy warmth of the girl knitting in bed!! xo Cait
http://www.barefootweaver.etsy.com
http://www.barefootweavercait.blogspot.com

Andria said...

I can sure relate to the girl knitting in bed, too! Nothing feels more cozy to me than doing fiber work indoors while the rain pours down. I'll bet you know the feeling, Cait :)