Friday, January 22, 2010

Inspired Pants: Indie Design on Etsy


Handpicked on Etsy
Volume is something my eye is craving now that skinny leggings are everywhere. Today I sought pants by indie Etsy designers that feature fabric other than black lycra, and a shape other than pencil-thin. A little ease and a little flow, please! And how about pants that fit! Why spend good money for ill-fitting pants that look and feel awkward, when it is so easy and no more expensive to order custom made from an indie designer? Given the time and frustration involved in shopping RTW (ready-to-wear) and the lack of individuality in the mass market, I see no reason to spend my time in a crowded mall pawing through racks of overpriced or quality-compromised fashion. Browsing Etsy's search pages, I found graceful palazzo pants and some fun & original party pants. Sit down, come as you are, grab your coffee or tea and come on a shopping spree with me on Etsy! Click on the photos to go directly to these listings. Prices range from $60.00 to $128.00
From top left to bottom right, today's featured designers include: yystudio, martinlopez, ModernEraDesign, DancingTreeCreations, littlmisscrow, whoknowswear, Mishoga, idolatre

5 comments:

Stefanie Louise said...

Thank you so much for including my jodhpurs next to such other talented Etsy crafters! I'll be releasing my 2010 line in late April, so be sure to check back often.

xoxo

Stefanie
www.idolatre.etsy.com

Lynelle said...

Red hip hugger bloomers?? Oh, I've died and gone to heaven.

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Very interesting! In fact, I just got a pair of black wide pants locally, and whenever I wear them, I get compliments galore! The Etsy offerings are just lovely and sure to attract attention too!!!

Andria said...

When I think of some of the palazzo beauties I threw out a couple of years ago, I feel woozy. The clutter-clearing rules dictate that we must discard stuff not worn in the last year. Meh. From now on, I resolve to just say no to throwing out good classics because they do, indeed, return to fashion every few years!

Sabine, La Marquise des anges said...

what a pretty and clever collection !!! thnaks for sharing.