Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Brass: Uncommon Jewelry on Etsy, Part I



Handpicked on Etsy
Brass is an alloy of copper and zinc, often used ornamentally for its warm golden tones reminiscent of the more prized gold. Not only can it be a fun alternative to shiny gold, but aged and vintage brass possesses a lovely, earthy patina that I happen to adore. Because of its affordability for costume jewelry, it is commonly used in castings, findings and chain. Stepping beyond that, talented metal forgers and designers can achieve sublime results using brass as the primary medium or a secondary component, as illustrated by the selections in today's showcase of Etsy jewelry designers. Click on the pictures to go directly to these listings. Prices range from $20.00 up to $275.00
Today's Etsy artisans include: VsporaArt, RachelsJoy, SESDesignJewelry, Papagan, savagesalvage, LuxDesigns, norayolanda, veroque

8 comments:

LifestyleBohemia said...

The beaten brass necklace is GORGEOUS! So unique.

http://lifestylebohemia.blogspot.com

Andria said...

I dig it, too! I've been goofing around with pounded sterling sticks lately and when I ran across this today, it just bowled me right over.

Laura Trevey said...

lovely finds! so creative...

veroque said...

Great Blog! Thank you so much for featuring my pendant necklace here! It is a honor !!!

Vered
Veroque

Nimet said...

Thank you very much for including my earrings .Today I sold them by ETSY shop Papagan.

Andria said...

That's great, Nimet -- I hope you get lots more attention for your beautiful creations! Thanks for following, and helping to support this blog and all the artists featured here.

Colleen said...

I have always loved the warmth of brass and these artists are really inspiring. The bullets and crystals just amazed me and the hammered necklace intrigued me. I visited the shops and found many more awesome designs from these artists. Great collection!

http://www.kcrlehrstudio.etsy.com

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

www.akanedesigns.blogspot.com